Sunday, December 5, 2010

Change is the law of life

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy


With the 2011 race season fast approaching, change is inevitable. This past season has brought to me many highs and lows and I hope 2011 brings more highs then lows. Over the past few months I have had many distractions going on in my life. My family moved into a new house and as we all know, moving is stressful no matter who you are. Because of this I had to take some time off the bike and wouldn’t you know it, just as we get settled into the new house, I get sick. This has been a bad off season to say the least. But I am going to try and stay positive and look forward.

I have been racing with the Gary Fisher/Trek 29er Crew for a better part of a year now, but come the end of 2010, I will be moving on. It should be noted that this change is purely a loyalty move. You see, Trek has dissolved Fisher and because of this, some shops are no longer able to sell the Trek brands due to territorial boundaries. Unfortunately, my close friend Eric’s shop, the Slippery Pig, is one of those shops affected. This has left me with a hard choice. Do I stay and race with a great team and company like Trek, or do I choose to continue to promote the Pig and the brands they carry. For those of you, who know me; you must know friendship and loyalty will always win out.

With that said I’m sad to announce I will not be racing for the Trek 29er Crew in 2011. I have appreciated everything they have done for me this past season. I truly feel blessed for the support they gave me. I also wanted to thank my local Trek Rep. Greg Decori. Without Greg’s support and belief in me, I would not have been selected to the team, nor done as well in 2010 as I did.

“Future: That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured.” Ambrose Bierce

Now looking to the future, I have added a few new and amazing sponsors for 2011. First off I looked to directly address some of the cramping issues I had this past season. To do this issue I looked to nuun active hydration. nunn is a great product that contains four essential electrolytes: sodium, potassium, magnesium & calcium. It also has no sugar added and yet tastes great. http://www.nuun.com/

I have also added ESI Grips. I have been riding ESI Grips on my bikes for the past couple of years so I was elated when they offered me a sponsorship. If you have not checked out ESI Grips you’re missing out. http://www.esigrips.com/

Returning sponsors are not to be forgotten as well, as stated above, Slippery Pig Bike Shop is and always will be, my “go to” shop. If you’re looking for a shop that is at the cutting edge when it comes to anything that has to do with 29ers, the Pig is your place. It’s a true mountain bikers shop. http://slipperypigbikes.com/

I’m also still trusting all my training and fitness to Darrin Permenter and Synaptic Training. Darrin is a coach that is at the forefront of innovating training. Darrin coaches some of the top athletes in the nation such as Zack Keller and Sam and Andy Schultz. http://www.synaptictraining.us/

Now for the big question, “What steed is going to be carrying me into the 2011 season?” Well, I had to look long and hard at this because I was very happy with my bikes last year. I am pleased to announce that I am entrusting my hopes and dreams on a new bike that is sure to turns heads this season. For 2011 I will be racing for Scott Bikes!!!! Oh yeah!!!! Have you seen the new Scott Scale carbon 29er?? It is one sexy bike. Scott bikes are one of the leading carbon bike manufacturers in the world and I for one can’t wait to line up in 2011 on a 22lb carbon Scale 29er. I will also be riding on an aluminum Scale 29er for my single speed and a carbon CR1 for my road bike. For this opportunity I have to thank Jason McCormack our local Scott Rep and Erik Angermeier who is the owner of the Slippery Pig. Thanks Jason and Erik! For more info on Scott bikes, go to www.scott-sports.com


I have to also thank all my friends and family who continue to support me. I am truly living a blessed life.

For now it’s back to training…look for big things to come in 2011, and God’s speed.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the 29er! I am a 29er addict myself.. Thanks for the shout out on the link to my blog, although I see your link is broken, I changed some things around resulting in that...may want to update..Would love your Gluten Free story/ story to post to the blog.. Give me a buzz if you are ever in the Asheville, nc area! Plenty of epic rides here for you to enjoy!!
    Thanks,
    GlutenFreeAthlete
    www.gluenfreeathlete.com

    ReplyDelete

Change is the law of life

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy With the 2011...