Sunday, June 6, 2010

Arizona state mountain bike series

Well this past weekend was the finals for the Arizona state mountain bike series. The finals were held in Flagstaff AZ on a very difficult course. The MBAA organizers had to put this course together on short notice due to the fact top of Mt Eldon still covered with snow. I must say I think they did a great job. This course was by far the hardest course we raced all year. In my opinion this course favored the best all around rider. You can never go wrong with a course which has short steep technical climbs and long fast technical descents.
So how did I fair? Well not so hot. The altitude was a major factor for me in this race. I’m just not used to being at 7,000 ft. I finished 8th in the race and 6th overall for the state series.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed on how my season unfolded though. This was my 2nd year back racing XC and my first year as a cat 2. I was hoping to break into the top 5 over all for the season, but it was not to be. I missed out on being in the top 5 by 4 points!!!!! Ouch that hurt. When you miss out on your goal by that little there is a lot of what ifs and maybes that goes through your head. I guess in the end, it’s just going to add fuel to the fire and make me want it more next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change is the law of life

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy With the 2011...