Sunday, May 9, 2010

Prescott Punisher

Last week was the Prescott Punisher, and it did just that “Punish”. This was only a “C” race for me so all week I was hitting it pretty hard. I was not expecting to do very well especially with 2300ft of climbing, but I still hoped I could break the top 10.


As the race started I made it into the top 5 and about half way up the first climb I received the call.

RING…RING!!!

Me: Hello

Legs: Sorry for the short notice but we are calling in sick today.

Me: Well couldn’t you have told me that yesterday!!!!!!!

I tried to rally, but I had no upper-end intensity. So there I was, stuck alone with only my pride and a large helping of suffering to chew on for the next hour and a half. The remaining three laps of the 15-mile course were focused on just finishing.

In the end I was able to pass a couple of guys and I finished 10th… Well at least I was able to salvage a top 10 spot.

BTW I was able to get a great photo in the new 29er Kit!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change is the law of life

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy With the 2011...